Monday, October 12, 2009

What is your overall philosophy regarding cables?

The following is an excerpt from 6Moons interview with David Salz, President of Wireworld

6Moons: What is your overall philosophy regarding cables?

D. Salz: I only decided to enter this field after I bypassed the interconnects between my preamp and amp, which showed me how much music was being lost in the cables I was using. My goal has always been to eliminate the losses and colorations of cables rather than producing some special effect to suit my or someone else's taste or equipment. My reference has always been a direct connection and I believe that the common practice of evaluating cables by simply swapping them leads to confusion and cable designs with strange sound effects rather than higher fidelity.


I feel that the difference between my approach and others is that I start by determining exactly what I want the cables to do (sound like a direct connection) and I use the simplest and most effective methodology (bypass testing and comprehensive research) to achieve those objectives.


To discover more important characteristics in cable design and find out what power cables might be doing to your system go to http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/wireworld/sidebar.html for the complete interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment